DEMON SLAYER REVIEW


DEMON SLAYER




Synopsis


A boy raised by boars, who wears a boar's head, boards the Infinity Train on a new mission with the Flame Pillar along with another boy who reveals his true power when he sleeps. Their mission is to defeat a demon who has been tormenting people and killing the demon slayers who oppose it.





Rating - 8/10




REVIEW


I have seen a lot of action fantasy anime shows, but for some reason, this is the best. I was so into it that I can't pick one just thing as my favorite about this show. The action, the character development, the emotional moments, the score, the animation or be it just the writing in general, Demon Slayer is on a whole different level. I went through a number of emotions watching it, and it felt like I was on one wild ride from episode 1 to 26. The mood keeps varying from time to time, but the tempo never drops and with intriguing characters, it only gets better and better with every episode.

Demon Slayer keeps shifting focus to different supporting characters, thus making you feel as if you're yourself a part of the protagonist Tanjiro's journey: one filled with tons of mind-blowing, jaw-dropping action sequences. There were a number of moments where my mind was blown away! Amidst all the violence and tension, the sweet brother-sister relationship of Tanjiro and Nezuko tugs at your heartstrings. While Tanjiro is the usual memorable and relatable "shonen" protagonist, other characters are surprisingly also treated very well. Be it the cute Nezuko, the tough yet hilarious Inosuke, or the comic relief yet strongly written Zenitsu, the show is full of characters that will end up growing on you.

The animation is literally breathtaking. Several action scenes feel like actually filmed with a camera than drawn by hand, which is stupendous! The score is another major positive, elevating the show's epic scale and tone to unexpected levels. Although it's not a comedy, the funny bits involving the three boys are a major highlight, especially in the last few episodes. Some might find its quickly shifting focus from one set of supporting characters to another a little uneven, but the writing is so strong you don't get time to think anything else, with constant action delivered in every episode.

I am normally left blank when I finish watching an anime show, but that's not what happened here. I was instead happy that it was perfectly concluded and it left me excited for the box-office blockbuster sequel film, which I clearly can't wait to watch now. Demon Slayer is the best anime I've seen to date, and something I'd love to watch again and again

Comments

Popular Posts